Thursday, October 14, 2010

SUPPLICATION OF PROPHET MOHAMMED SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM

Shaista Salafi

1480. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma laka aslamtu, wa bika amantu, wa `alaika tawakkaltu, wa ilaika anabtu, wa bika khasamtu, wa ilaika hakamtu. Faghfir li ma qaddamtu, wa ma akh-khartu, wa ma asrartu wa ma a`lantu, Antal-Muqaddimu, wa Antal-Mu`akhkhiru, la ilaha illa Anta (O Allah! to You I submit, in You I affirm my faith, in You I repose my trust, to You I turn in repentance and with Your Help I contend my adversaries and from You I seek judgement. O Allah! Grant me forgiveness for the faults which I made in past and those ones I may commit in the future, those which I committed secretly or openly. You Alone send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone send whomever You will to Hell-fire. There is none worthy of worship except You).'' Another narration adds: "La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is no strength to resist evil and no power to do good except through Allah).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: The prayer mentioned in this Hadith is, in fact, a Muslim's declaration to turn in every matter to Allah, and to care about His Pleasure and His Orders regarding every act. It is also a declaration to befriend people for His sake and to show enmity towards people for Him alone. May Allah give every Muslim the ability to make this prayer and to act according to the declaration that he makes through it.

1481. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a`udhu bika min fitnatin-nari, wa `adhabin-nari, wa min sharril-ghina wal-faqri (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the trials and the torment of the Fire and from the evils of wealth and poverty).''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: "The evils of wealth'' signify that one becomes so captivated by wealth that in his struggle to acquire it, he fails to discriminate between the lawful and the unlawful, or one may become proud and arrogant on account of his riches. The evils of poverty that one loses hope of Allah's Mercy and Compassion, or shows resentment against his fate and the Will of Allah, or deviates from the principles and requirements of integrity and honesty.

1482. Ziyad bin `Ilaqah reported: My uncle Qutbah bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) said that the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a`udhu bika min munkaratil-akhlaqi, wal-a`mali, wal-ahwa`i (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from undesirable manners, deeds, and aspirations).''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: The prayer is recited to seek Allah's Help in shunning bad manners and observing good manners and righteous deeds.

1483. Shakal bin Humaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of Allah, teach me a prayer.'' He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "Say: Allahumma inni a`udhu bika min sharri sam`i, wa min sharri basari, wa min sharri lisani, wa min sharri qalbi, wa min sharri maniyyi (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the evils of my hearing, the evils of my seeing, the evils of my tongue; the evils of my heart and the evils of passions).''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: The evil mischief of ears lies in lending them to lies, calumnies, backbiting and other forbidden things (music etc.), or closing the ears to the truth. The mischief of eyes lies in finding faults with people, looking at what is forbidden to look at, and ignoring the Signs of Allah scattered everywhere in the universe. The mischief of the heart lies in occupying one's heart with the love of anyone else other than Allah. "Mani'' (semen) is that sticky fluid which comes out of the male organ after sexual gratification. Here it means the sexual organs. The mischief of these lie in using them in a sinful act. One is advised to safeguard one's ears, eyes, heart, sexual organs, and all the organs of one's body against their improper use in order to gain the Pleasure of Allah. One will be accountable for all these things on the Day of Judgement.

1484. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a`udhu bika minal-barasi, wal-jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi'il-asqami' (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases).''
[Abu Dawud].

Commentary: Leucoderma is a disease which gives rise to the appearance of white spots on the skin of body. Leprosy is a disease which renders one's organs invalid. Madness is mental disorder. All these are very dangerous diseases. The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) has sought Allah's Protection against these and other diseases like paralysis, diabetes, facial paralysis, cancer, blindness, etc. May Allah save us from all such diseases.

1485. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma inni a`udhu bika minal-ju`i, fa-innahu bi'sad-daji`u; wa a`udhu bika minal-khiyanati, fa-innaha bi'satil-bitanah' [O Allah! I seek refuge in You from hunger; surely, it is the worst companion. And I seek refuge in You from treachery; surely, it is a bad inner trait].''
[Abu Dawud].

1486. `Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A slave who had made a contract with his master to pay for his freedom, came to me and said: "I am unable to fulfill my obligation, so help me.'' He said to him: "Shall I not teach you a supplication which the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) taught me? It will surely prove so effective that if you have a debt as large as a huge mountain, Allah will surely pay it for you. Say: `Allahumm-akfini bihalalika `an haramika, wa aghnini bifadlika `amman siwaka (O Allah! Grant me enough of what You make lawful so that I may dispense with what You make unlawful, and enable me by Your Grace to dispense with all but You).''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: It is important to recite this Du`a in order to seek Allah's Help in paying one's debts and in avoiding to beg of people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, you don't want to start discussing details about your personal life on your business blog. There is a way to show personality while keeping things professional. Anything that wouldn't be appropriate to say to a client in person or in an email shouldn't be included on a business blog.

[url=http://cheapjordans2013.my-style.in/]jordan shoes[/url]

As you get more comfortable with the process, you'll develop your own unique blogging style!

[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.10001mb.com/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]