Wednesday, July 9, 2008

30 Self-Defeating Beliefs Common to Men

Here are some common limiting beliefs of many men. Check any statements that resonate with you. Are you willing to ask yourself a few questions to change your beliefs and change your life?

1. I'm not enough.

2. I don't have time for love.

3. Real men don't show emotion.

4. If I fail, I’ll be embarrassed to try again.

5. If I haven’t been successful yet, I never will be.

6. I don’t know how to be in relationships.

7. it’s too late for love.

8. I don’t know how to meet people, especially women.

9. I have no control over my time.

10. If I make more money, I won't have any free time.

11. I’m only loved for my money, or for what I can give to others.

12. If I enjoy life, I’ll lose all my money.

13. If I don't make X amount of money, I'm a failure.

14. I don’t deserve love, success, happiness.

15. If I were happy, I’d quit my job, and then not be able to support my family.

16. If I did what I loved to do, I wouldn’t make enough money.

17. I’ll never understand women.

18. I can’t be in a relationship because I’ll just get hurt again.

19. If I fail, people will see me as a loser.

20. My physical body is not adequate enough to succeed with women.

21. Size matters.

22. I need to be in control of each situation to feel safe.

23. I need to fix everything, not talk about it.

24. If I cannot solve the problem, then I'm not useful.

25. I'd rather be right than loved.

26. If you loved me, you would....

27. I can't change, I am who I am.

28. I can't learn to communicate; it's just not what interests me.

29. You have sex, you don't talk about sex.

30. If you make more money than me, you won't need me anymore.

If any of these statements ring true for you, it may be time to take your destiny into your own hands by dissolving the beliefs that sabotage your success and happiness.

What is a belief? It is a perception of reality, or something you were told that you had no reason to doubt. How do you know that you have a self-defeating belief? If you are feeling some way you don't like feeling, you are probably believing something that's not true.

Choose one limiting belief and ask yourself these questions:

* Do I believe that?

* Why do I believe that?

* What seems true about that?

* What might concern me if that belief were gone? (What might happen that I would not like?)

These questions give you a powerful starter kit for creating happiness beyond belief.

No comments: