* Chew some garlic pieces.
* Add lemon juice (from one lemon) some honey, to a glass of hot water. Drink this.
* Gargle with warm salt water.
* Cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Take one piece and put some salt and black pepper on it, press with a knife so that salt-pepper penetrates into the lime. Put the lemon on heat to make it warm. Slowly lick this lemon squeezing it until no juice remains. Do it 2-3 times a day.
* Gargle with aloe Vera juice two times daily.
* Combine one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and three tablespoons of clover honey in a glass of warm water. Gargle as often as necessary.
* Another remedy is to add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to 1 cup of boiling water; stir well and sip slowly.
* For sore throat treatment prepare a mixture by adding ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup of honey. Take one tablespoon every four hours or as needed for pain relief.
* Grind one tablespoon of mustard seed and add the juice of half a lemon, one tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of clear honey, and 1 1/4 cups of boiling water. Leave this mixture, covered, for 15 minutes and use as a gargle.
* For sore throat treatment prepare a tea by adding 2 sprigs of coarsely chopped parsley, 3 whole spice cloves, 1 teaspoon of powdered myrrh, and 1/4 teaspoon powdered goldenseal to 1 pint of boiling water. Steep. Stir occasionally while cooling, then strain and use as a gargle or mouthwash.
* Boil some pomegranate rinds and drink as a tea. The pomegranate contains astringents
* Prepare a tea by adding five fresh crushed or dried leaves; place in a cup and fill with water cooled to just below boiling; cover and leave to infuse for five minutes; remove leaves and drink. May also be used as a gargle.
* For sore throat get a small dixie cup, pour cultured buttermilk in the cup. Slowly swish and gargle it in your mouth slowly drink a small cup of it every hour for 1 day and sore throat will be gone next day.
* Take 4 cloves of garlic - minced fine, 1 tbsp. Honey,1/8 tsp. cayenne (approx.). Mix this together, take a spoonful when needed and chew it up well before swallowing
* Water boiled with basil leaves should be taken as a drink, and also used as a gargle to relieve a sore throat.
* Tamarind water should be used as a gargle. A powder of the dry leaves and an infusion of the bark can also be used for preparation of a gargle for treating sore throat
* Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be put in a litre of cold water and allowed to simmer for half an hour over a low flame. This should then be allowed to cool to a bearable temperature, strained, and then used entirely as a gargle.