* To relieve menstrual cramps quickly and easily, wrap a hot, wet towel around mid-section and lay in the fetal position.
* Make a paste of six or eight almonds and mix with a cup of milk, an egg yolk, a half-teaspoon sesame powder, and a teaspoon honey. Take a couple of times a day to relieve cramps.
* Drink a glass of milk with a half-teaspoon cinnamon every night to relieve cramps.
* Place a pinch of dried ground ginger in a cup of hot boiling water for a tea (no sugar), and let steep for 5 minutes. Drink this tea.
* Dissolve 2 aspirins, 1/2 tsp. of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of honey into 1/2 cup of water. Drink this solution if you are missing periods.
* Take a teaspoon ground dried mint leaf and a teaspoon of honey twice a day to relieve cramps.
* Drink parsley, beet, carrot, and cucumber juices on a regular basis to relieve cramps.
* Dissolve half-teaspoon sesame seeds in hot water. Drink this twice daily to relieve spasmodic pain.
* Boil 1 cup of black beans in 5 cups of water and drink the juice half cup before your 3 meals this will help regulate menstruation.
* Mix half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of hot water and leave for half an hour; then drink (eat the seeds as well). Do this every morning with an empty stomach. This will give strength to the uterus.
* Drink 1 or 2 glasses of tomato juice, every day. It will give significant improvement in your flow, and fewer cramps in your next period.
* Parsley is one of the most effective among the several home remedies in the treatment of menstrual disorders. It increases menstruation and assists in the regularization of the monthly periods.
* The unripe papaya helps the contractions of the muscle fibres of the uterus and is very effective in maintaining a proper menstrual flow.
* Put an entire
* One banana flower should be cooked and eaten with one cup of curd.
* Coriander seeds are also effective in the treatment of excessive menstruation. Six grams of these seeds should be boiled in half a litre of water. Boil the mixture till only half the water remains. Sugar candy should be added to it and the patient should drink it when it is still warm.
* The bark of the Ashoka tree is an effective remedy for excessive blood loss during the monthly period, which occurs due to uterine fibroids and other causes. About 90 gm of the bark should be boiled in 30 ml of milk and 360 ml of water till the total quantity is reduced to about 90 gm. This quantity should be given in one day, in two or three doses. The treatment should commence from the fourth day of the monthly period and should be continued till the bleeding is stopped. A fresh decoction should be made for use each day.